Companion Care can be an ideal solution for a senior who would otherwise spend much of the day alone and for those who need assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Senior care provides the elderly with emotional support and encouragement to stay as healthy as possible. It’s designed for seniors who are generally healthy and who want to remain independent at home. Companions help their clients stay mentally fit and alert by engaging in conversation, assisting with ADLs and encouraging them to be as physically active as possible. In fact, studies show seniors who engage in mentally challenging leisure activities are less likely to develop dementia. Companion Care provides a valuable social benefit by decreasing isolation and helping to reduce depression from being alone. Companion Care also provides peace of mind for the senior’s family and respite for family caregivers. Senior companions assist their adult clients in a basic but essential way: by adding richness to their lives.
Arista Home Care Solutions offers in-home companion care services to our clients. This includes:
- Companion care or personal assistant services
- Companionship, emotional support and recreational activities
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Transportation to medical appointments, social or religious activities
- Plan and prepare meals, including special diets
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Medication reminders
- Gardening, assistance with hobbies
- Bill paying
- Pet care
- Supervise household maintenance – gardener, housecleaning service, plumber, etc.