Sometimes family members think a long-term care facility is the only option when loved ones begin to develop symptoms of Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our Alzheimer’s care services can allow patients to stay where they feel most comfortable; at home. Arista Home Care Solutions provides compassionate, reliable in-home Alzheimer’s care.
As an Alzheimer’s patient loses one ability after another, a caregiver faces tests of strength, problem solving, and resiliency. Many families provide care at home for a person with dementia. While this can be an enriching and very rewarding experience, it can also be overwhelming.
Understanding the disease is key in providing appropriate care. We recommend a comprehensive medical workup that rules out treatable conditions and provides information on the current state and offers a basis for care planning.
In-home Alzheimer’s care provides the following benefits:
- Instead of being further disoriented by adjusting to an assisted-living facility, clients stay in a familiar environment
- Our compassionate aides maintain a familiar and comfortable daily routine like what your loved one followed before they were diagnosed, encouraging them to take an active role in meal preparation and night time readiness
- Aides prompt seniors to help them with tasks and reduce their stress. For example, aides might remind your loved ones of the routines involved in getting dressed, or regularly review family photos and names to continually refresh their memory
- Our aides are also trained to avoid asking questions that may embarrass your loved one or frustrate them if they cannot recall details. Instead, they promote positive conversations by steering discussions to areas in which they recognize your loved one’s recollection of fond memories
- Our staff members promote engagement by keeping your loved one involved in favorite activities that match your loved one’s interest and abilities, rather than trying to teach something new
- A toileting schedule can reduce incontinence accidents and avoid embarrassment for your loved one
- We ease the stress of other family members by teaching new ways to communicate with their loved one
- Family members responsible for ongoing care can take a break with the peace of mind that comes from knowing their loved one is in expert hands.
Alzheimer’s Care Services
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia poses many challenges for families and caregivers. It impacts every aspect of your daily life.
Maintaining your emotional and physical wellbeing is critical, not just for you but also for the person you’re caring for. Preparing yourself, understanding your loved one’s experience, and seeking support from others can help you succeed.
Our knowledgeable aides undergo extensive training through our affiliation with the Institute for Professional Care Education. Our caregivers have specific skills that enable them to deal effectively with the unique challenges of each client.
Whether your loved one is just beginning to have difficulty with memory and daily tasks or has a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or dementia, we can help care for them and you, the family caregiver.
Arista Home Care Solutions performs a free in-home assessment, then we work with you to decide the level and frequency of care. Here are some of the Alzheimer’s care services we offer:
- Providing emotional support
- Helping seniors stay mentally engaged
- Encouraging physical activity
- Light laundry and housekeeping
- Providing transportation to doctor’s appointments and other activities
- Grocery shopping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Personal care tasks like shower-monitoring, adult brief-changing, and grooming
If your insurance includes long-term care coverage, it will typically pay for our services. We also accept private pay. Arista Home Care Solutions is an approved VetAssist provider, so if your loved one or their spouse is a wartime veteran, they may qualify for assistance from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
As Alzheimer’s and dementia progress, your loved one’s care needs may change. Find security in knowing whatever lays ahead, you have access to resources and support. Arista Home Care Solutions can provide the knowledge and compassionate care your family deserves every step of the way.
Our Commitment to Alzheimer’s Care
We take our responsibility to provide competent, experienced Alzheimer’s care seriously.
An accurate diagnosis begins a process of education for caregivers and families so that needs can be assessed, and resources located and put to use. Through education and the use of available resources, families can learn new skills to handle shifting care needs.
Having a plan for Alzheimer’s care can make a world of difference. Call us at (419) 754-1897 to schedule a free in-home assessment. You are not alone. We are here to help.